Friday, April 12, 2013

Balance.

One thing I love about getting older is learning about myself. My strengths and weaknesses, what I truly value in life, what drives and motivates me during the day, what truly interests me other than what I think I "should" be interested in, and the list goes on an on. One little lesson I've learned is that I thrive on being busy! I crave and long for a vacation, but once it is given to me I need to be active and find things throughout the day to do to keep me from going insane. But, it is all a balancing act. Filling your days with work that challenges and motivates you, can only be sustainable if you balance it with a certain chunk of time during the day to relax, or do something mindless that brings your joy. For me this includes mugs of hot and steamy black tea w/ honey, snuggles with my little puppy, reading a book, good  conversations w/ inspiring people over soy lattes, weekend trips once in a while to DC/B-MORE/NYC since they are close by, and TONS of other wonderful things. Make sure you find a balance between working your booty off and doing thing sweet little relaxing things that bring you joy. Watching TV doesn't count. If it is hard for you to find time try penciling in your planner just 20 mins of pure FUN. Be kind to yourself and make it a priority. You deserve it. 

Few of my favorite pastimes:


(Laughs w/ beautiful people.)

 (Cozy little tea parties.)

(Honey snuggles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...