Thursday, November 14, 2013

Validation.

I have been meaning to share a few bits and pieces from my last weekend. It's been a busy week, but I finally found a few minutes to write this post :)

I got to spend some time with my bestie who will soon be leaving B-more for an AMAZING job in NYC. So proud of her, and I will be missing her tons!

Breakfast/ brunch at my favourite place in B-more, Artifact Coffee! It is so cute and cozy and the food is DELICIOUS, and all of it is locally sourced! 

I have greatly reduced my dairy intake, but once in a while treat myself to my favourite treat- latte!

"Candid" Sunday Ruhi photo of these two cutesies.

A real candid photo of pretty Carolyn! 


Lately I have been thinking about the need for external validation. Sometimes our society can lead us to believe that this sort of external support is linked to personal success and accomplishment. Personally, I have found myself easily discouraged or disappointed, or second guessing myself, when I don't have the acknowledgment  or approval that my work and effort is "good" and accepted. I am trying to consciously work on this,  and accept the truth that all I need is validation from within myself . As, long as I know that I have worked hard and have done my best, that is the most important aspect of success. This concept can often be more difficult than expected to incorporate into one's life but is so incredibly freeing! Do what makes you happy and proud of yourself.  We can be our own worst critic or strongest supporter! Be kind and give to others, but don't depend on praise from others to determine your success and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...