Thursday, January 27, 2011

never settle

So i often find myself giving my friends advice that i never seem to follow myself. One of them being that they should never settle with anyone. In my mind the right person should be someone that uplifts your spirits, inspires you and wants to see you happy, all the time. Not someone who you spend half your time happy with and the other half upset, stressed and disappointed. I often have times when I have to convince myself  that finding that person is even possible. These are the times when i doubt past decisions I have made and ask myself if that was as good as it could ever get. And maybe I should have just been content and stuck with what I had. But truth of the matter is, I wasn't happy. Im not looking for someone perfect. Far from it. Just someone perfect for me. Someone I can be truly honest with and open my heart to without any fear that doing so would leave me vulnerable. A best friend and companion in life whom I can spend one second laughing with, and the other second discussing deep & meaningful life issues. One of the things i am especially bad at is being patient. Its something I know i must keep working on and reminding myself to do. For now all i can do is enjoy everything given to me and choose to be grateful and happy with myself.


I took this picture of my mom last spring on a boat on a volcanic lake in Kibuye, Rwanda. Her ability to be grateful for whatever she is given in life has always been an inspiration. She is also unfailing patient, with anything and anyone. She has more inner strength than anyone i know. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...