Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lately: September 2012.

Today I am going to vent about all the things currently stressing me out :)

1. GRE'S! Holy moly I have about a month and a half to study and the fact that i have not taken a math class in 5 years is making me so completely frustrated! But on a positive note I am going to (hopefully) study my butt off the next few weeks. Study dates at Barnes and Nobles! Bring on the lattes!

2. Applying to schools > cost of grad schools > LOANS freak me out :)

3. On the topic of finances. I am getting married and starting a completely financially  independent life is definitely intimidating. Again > LOANS freak me out :)

4. Heading into a direction (career wise) a little different than where I thought I was headed. My background is in International Relations/ Peace Studies (conflict resolution/ human rights) and I am heading into the exciting field of Public Health. So excited yet nervous about this. My previous job/ internship opportunities were truly amazing and perfect for the path I was previous headed, and stepping foot into this new world is a little challenging.

5. Working at Starbucks has been fun but working so much has distracted me from focusing on finding opportunities in the Public Health world. But I have learnt my lesson and am starting to put less on my plate so that I can prioritize and actually devote time and energy needed to other aspects of my life. 
The main reason why this is stressful is that I am constantly being pulled in 2 directions:
       A. Making and saving money
       B. Focusing on studying/ school apps/ Pub. Health opportunities

I am learning that I need to switch from focusing on A to B.

6. I MISS MY FIANCE! Its been 3 months without him and its been tough. Luckily I get to see him, meet his family and visit his hometown of Goiania, Brazil for a month in NOV! That was another thing stressing me out. Buying my ticket to Brazil for 2-3 weeks versus a month. I am happy with my decision. Not sure when else I will have this opportunity. So excited to see his face and hug him forever! 

7. The visa process. I WANT MICHEL TO BE HERE NOW! :) Over all the process is costly and is taking longer than I had hoped.

8. Personal issues that cannot be discussed in the blog world :). They have been emotional draining but I am determined to take care of myself body and soul. 

"Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...