Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Les Miserables & gratitude.

Last night I went to the movies with my friend to see the movie Les Mis. It really blew me away. I spent probably the second half of the movie bawling my eyes out. I left the theatre thinking about how truly precious life is and how I never want to take even a single second of it for granted. It made me feel so much gratitude for the comforts of life we often fail to appreciate or even acknowledge. It also helped me re-connect with this all consuming passion I have inside of me to stand up for what is just. The first minute of the movie made me burn with anger for injustices, pain and suffering that are often inflicted upon innocent people. Often due to economic status, gender, race - persecution in general. It will never be ok and I will never passively accept the injustices that continue to take place in the world I live in and am a part of.

All in all I feel extremely lucky. Grateful. And blessed. I have been given so much. And I plan to fill the precious days given to me with love, happiness, and standing up for what I believe to be just and kind.


(Haifa, Israel 2011. Being able to sit on these special steps at any moment of the day is something I will forever be grateful for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...