Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our ego & inner guide.

I came across these words on this blog today. It made things a little clearer for me:

... our ego speaks loudly while our inner guide is a soft whisper. When we have a fearful and separate thought (i.e. “I’m not good enough,” “I can’t do this,” “She or he does this better than I do”), the reason we believe it is because it speaks louder. We are ignoring our inner guide because it doesn’t speak as loudly. Truth speaks softly because it is certain. Fear speaks loudly because it needs to be loud in order to seem real. The Course says, “Thinking of your thoughts as equals will destroy inner peace.” When you have a separate thought, acknowledge that it is not a loving thought and ask your inner guide to help you see things differently.


(A very special place in Akko where i often reflected on the concepts of self and truth)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...