Saturday, July 27, 2013

Focus & a food journal.

(Paper cranes from wedding day. I apologize for all the many more pics I will probably post in the future!)


It can be so easy to get caught up in the crazy swing of life without taking a moment to stop, appreciate, and breathe a little. I often myself needing to be continuously multi-tasking, always have some background noise in the background, and fill my days with non stop to-do's. I need to remind myself to really spend some time enjoying the gift of silence, the company of my own thoughts, and the little things in life that are so sweet but can easily be overlooked. Often we can be much more productive when we take the time to re-center, and re-focus, through reflection and gratitude.

On another note I have decided to keep a food diary in the notes section of my iPhone, inspired by this post here on one of my favorite blogs. I truly believe that how we nourish and what we put into our bodies matters and can have a big impact on our moods and energy levels. And, the first step towards taking care of our bodies is being aware of what we are eating and why. I find it to be so empowering to take control over your own health through making conscious decisions about what you put into your body. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...