Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book worm.

Growing up i was the biggest book worm. From a very young age i love love loved to read. My parents would often get frustrated with because i would read at the dinner table and they would get more upset when i would stay up really late past my bedtime reading away. Sometimes when i was getting ready for bed and putting on my pjs  i would hide books under my pillow and then later use the little bit of light in the hallway to read in my bed. Sometimes i would tell my mom i had to use the bathroom, would hide a book under my shirt, and then would sit in the bathtub so that i could read when i was supposed to be asleep. For my 5th birthday invitations, i wrote a little request that people would only bring me books as presents. i loved reading, as there was nothing more exciting to me than being whisked away into a completely different imaginary world where anything was possible. I am such a dreamer, and books allowed me to dream away all day long.
Ever since highschool, my love for reading has sort of dwindled away. Being forced to read so many books that i knew i would later be tested on, took away all the pleasure and enjoyment that books symbolized for me. The amount of books i had to read in college left me with absolutely no time to read for pleasure, and i have always hated how my love for reading has gone away.
Now that i have graduated and have no more assigned books to read, i am DETERMINED to re cultivate my love of reading. Before i leave for Israel in 2 weeks i am going to start and finish this book called "Lighting the Western Sky, The Hearst Pilgrimage and the Establishment of the Baha'i Faith in the West" My father recommended it to me, and after reading a few pages i think it would be a great read, especially before i head of to Haifa for my year of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...