Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trip to Kuwait 2008/2009.

In the winter of 2008/2009 my brother and I went on a short trip to Kuwait to visit my grandma, aunt and cousin. When i was younger my family and I would visit every summer for mini family reunions, but since we moved to the U.S we had not been able to go back because of the price of plane tickets and the short amount of time my parents have off work. It was amazing to me how much Kuwait had changed in a few years. We went to a few malls and hotels that looked ridiculously modern. The change is kind of amazing, but i cant help wishing that things would remain the same. I struggle with the idea that everything is being reconstructed to be newer and more modern. When my grandma and aunt moved out of the building they had lived in for year and years, because the owner was tearing the building down, i couldnt help but feel sad. The whole fam has made so many special memories in that apartment. Many memories w/ my grandpa, Baba Enayat took place in that home too. 

Walking the streets of Fahaheel.

 My fingers and the city.

 My brother and cousin posing in my grandpas old eyeglass shop.




gorgeous outdoor mall.
 Family by the beach on a very windy day.

 Drinking some ridiculously strong arabic coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...